The following are some notes taken while doing a course on statistics. Again, I'm using R markdown to produce this both as a way for me to practice using it and second, because I think it's an awesome tool for document as you code. It’s really meant for my future reference, since there is quite a high probability that I’ll forget all of these neat functions in a couple of months from now :P 1. The respiratory disturbance index (RDI), a measure of sleep disturbance, for a specific population has a mean of 15 (sleep events per hour) and a standard deviation of 10. They are not normally distributed. Give your best estimate of the probability that a sample mean RDI of 100 people is between 14 and 16 events per hour? Answer: Recall that the formula for variance is Variance = (Standard deviation)^2 Thus, Standard deviation = sqrt(variance) Recall another formula to derive variance sample from variance of population. Variance = (standard deviation)^2/(Sample Size) ...
Comments