Unable to drag and drop icon from Desktop

Had this problem recently where I don't seem to be able to drag and drop any of the icons that I have on my desktop.

I could copy and paste them though - so there is that workaround. But still - to have to do that for everything that I want copied/moved over to some other folder is really annoying.

Googled the problem, and I believe the consensus in the below link gives the best answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15038-i-can-t-drag-drop.html

Basically what I did to solve my issue was just to press the 'ESC' key a few times. More technical details on why it worked is in the link above (go read them there! I'm not going to simplify things for you :P ).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIVE: Both Left and Right Aliases Encountered in Join

A Basic Recipe for Machine Learning

Changing Windows Account password using Outlook